Tuesday 31 August 2010

Vietnamese Noodle Soup

Yesterday I made a noodle soup, this was an attempt to recreate a meal that I had in Birmingham at cafe soya.  It was a very special dish due to the fact it was very cheap but incredibly tasty.  The original dish had ramen noodles in a very delicate  broth with some crispy vegetarian dumplings.  To recreate this I made a vegetable stock and added some miso with sea kelp paste to it and finally some chili flakes, I then cooked the noodles in the broth.  Instead of the dumplings I made vegetable gyoza.  The overall result was rather good although I think potentially I should have cooked the noodles for longer.  The vegetable gyoza in them selves were quite good but didn't work as well as the original dumplings and Dom thought they were a bit greasy.  Overall marks: 8.5.

No comments:

Post a Comment