Sunday 19 September 2010

Tired pasta dinner that looks a bit like sick!



Before I start my post proper I just need to acknowledge that the above picture makes the dinner look very much like sick.  This is in no way a reflection of the dinner that Dom provided to me last Sunday night and more a reflection of my sloppy camera work.  We were meant to be having a roast last Sunday but after cycling 28 miles, a household world record neither of us were in any state to cook.  We therefore opted to move Monday nights planned dinner forward by a day and had smoked salmon and courgette pasta with the new addition of red peppers.  This was one of the first things that Dom ever cooked for me and is one of the many reasons why I married her.  The dinner has evolved a bit over the years as it started out with creme fraiche which has been substituted for Alpro soya cream and smoked ham which has now been replaced with smoked salmon.  This time Dom used Morrison's Salmon with dill and lemon marinade and I must say it worked rather well.  All in all 8.4, marks were a little bit higher as it went down so well due to the cycle!

No comments:

Post a Comment